Blogger Vicki, from "Miss. V. Louise" nominated me for the Liebster Award! Thank you so much! I've never even heard of it before and to be honest, I didn't think things like this existed in the 'blogger world'! So again, thank you! Vicki has some cool stuff on her blog, so don't forget to check her out! And also I wanted to say a big thank you to everyone else who has been keeping up with my blog! I love reading all of your feedback in the comments, and it's nice to know that I have somewhat of a following! I've only been blogging for about 5 months, so I didn't think that I would even gain any followers the first few months that I started. I really appreciate that people are interested enough with the content that I post to follow me and wait for what I have in store next. So thank you, thank you, thank you! I took it upon myself to celebrate this mini achievement with an iced coffee..
Now onto the Liebster Award..
For those of you who don't know about it and are still wondering what it is (and I didn't know about it either until I Googled it), it's basically an award for bloggers to give to "up and coming" bloggers who have less than 200 followers on their blog and who deserve more recognition. The rules are to list 11 facts about yourself, answer the 11 questions that are given to you, and lastly, nominate 5 other bloggers.
Here are 11 facts about me:
1. My older brother and I have the same middle name, which I've always thought was weird.
2. I love cleaning and organizing, so I get sorta uneasy in messy/cluttered spaces.
3. I have an iced coffee addiction (As you can tell in the picture above. An iced white chocolate mocha is my personal favorite).
4. Thrifting is one of my favorite hobbies. And shopping in general, haha.
5. I'm usually a very lazy, "go-with-the-flow" type of person. And I guess I can slump being a huge procrastinator into this category.
6. I'm afraid of the dark and I will cut you if you purposefully put me in a situation that involves being in absolute darkness.
7. Even though I'm already Asian (Chinese/Filipino to be exact), sometimes I wish I was Korean or Japanese so I could be really pale.
8. My favorite genre(s) of music to listen to are dream/indie pop, new/chill wave, and alternative-punk. Some of my favorite bands include Wild Nothing, Beach House, and The Smiths.
9. I have so many food allergies that I've gotten used to hearing the phrase "You're missing out!" (I'm pretty much allergic to any kind of peanuts/nuts, and fish/seafood/shrimp/crab/etc etc).
10. I'm a big TV junkie and watch a lot of television (Pretty Little Liars, Vampire Diaries, New Girl, Game of Thrones, Project Runway, Law & Order: SVU, and anything on the Food Network).
11. I prefer shopping by myself, but I do still enjoy having the company of a friend, my sister, or my mom.
Questions that were given to me:
1. Fashion icon? - A lot of my "fashion icons" are bloggers or Youtubers like Jenn Im from Clothes Encounters, Stephanie from The Fashion Citizen, Jules from Sincerely, Jules, and Dani and Bianca from Kastor & Pollux. But a few celebrities whose style I enjoy include Kelly Osbourne, Alexa Chung, Whitney Port, Demi Lovato, and Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen.
2. Marmite - Love or hate? - I don't know what that is, but from the name, I'm guessing that it's similar to Vegemite? I don't think that I'd want to try it..
3. Summer or Winter? - Spring and fall.
4. Must have wardrobe staple? - Flannel/button up shirts, and basic or graphic tees.
5. Most expensive item you've ever bought? - A Juicy Couture purse when I was in 8th grade and Juicy Couture was all the rage, haha. But more recently, my American Apparel Disco pants. I SWEAR by them.
6. Celebrity 'silver fox' crush? (Older man, think Clooney) - Well I don't think Bradley Cooper counts, but I'm just going to say him because I recently watched Silver Linings Playbook, and yeah. Also, this video of him speaking fluent French in an interview is just....damn.
7. Heels or flats? - Definitely flats. I like heels, but I don't necessarily like wearing them or think that they're practical for any other use besides special/formal occasions.
8. Orange juice - with or without the pulp? - Without the pulp.
9. Pet peeve? - People who think they're always right and never accept/admit when they're wrong about something.
10. Fashion faux pas? - Leggings as pants. Just cover your bum, and you'll be good. And also wearing rings on every single one of your fingers. I love rings, but I just think that's a bit impractical, yeah?
11. Worst outfit you've ever worn. A true "what the hell was I thinking wearing that?!" moment - There was a day when I wore a lot of layers and it made me look really frumpy like I had no silhouette. I was wearing a loose sweater, baggy harem pants, a bulky scarf, my camo jacket, and a beanie. I felt like I was being smothered layer, after layer.
Blogs I nominate:
And here are the questions I've made for you to answer:
1. Favorite places to shop?
2. Coffee or tea?
3. What is something that is on your 'bucket list'/'to do before I die list'?
4. Your go-to outfit when you're running late or don't know what to wear consists of..?
5. What are your hidden talents (if you have any)?
6. Something you hate, but everyone else loves?
7. What is your most favorite (or prized) piece of clothing, pair of shoes, or accessory that you own?
8. Your dream vacation would be to go to?
9. Who is someone you'd want to meet, dead or alive, and why?
10. What are some of your must have beauty essentials?
11. What was/is your least favorite subject in high school?
Thanks again for the nomination Vicki! And if I've nominated you, I'd love to read your responses, so it'd be great if you left a link in the comments to your post! High five to you if you've read this far!